Sunday, October 25, 2015

I'm a dainty ballerina nurse who loves delicious food and playing dress up!



Hi, I’m Alena, a dainty pediatric nurse living in Los Angeles, California.  In the spring of 2014 I moved from Indianapolis, Indiana to Hollywood in preparation to marry my now husband, Der Ubermensch (as he will be referred to here).  In early summer 2014 we married, I subsequently started a new (night shift) nursing job, and have ever since been attempting to figure out what “real life” is now after everything changed.  It’s hard to adjust to a new life when you live like a vampire.  Life in LalaLand is surreal to me in the first place; time doesn’t seem to pass.  Maybe because it’s weird for a Midwestern girl to understand the length of a year when the seasons aren’t marked appropriately, or maybe it’s because when your days and nights are flipped nothing makes sense.  Fast-forward a year and a half, and I have been allowed to retire from being a vampire and reemerge as a bubbly, happy day shift nurse who is capable of doing more on my days off than just catch up on sleep lost working nights.  Over the last couple of months, I realized I am very capable of shopping on my days off, and but it would probably be more responsible to spend my time involving myself in creative endeavors as opposed to spending money and indulging my shopaholic tendencies.


I want this venue to be my creative outlet to the world, and my digital photo album documenting the early years of my little family with Der Ubermensch.  Der Ubermensch and I spend a majority of our quality time around food and fashion, and thus a majority of what I plan on sharing will revolve around food and fashion as well.  As far as food goes, we cook anything and everything.  Traditionally, Der Ubermensch sees himself as the cook and I am the baker, but every now and then we mix things up.  We like to eat healthy, but indulge in treats regularly.  As far as fashion goes, I love to play in my closet like a little girl playing dress up.  I adore the quote from Kate Spade, “Playing dress up begins at age 5 and never truly ends”.  I pull my fashion inspiration mostly from Audrey Hepburn, the epitome of elegance and grace in my opinion, and prefer clean and classic, simple outfits to over-accessorized ensembles. 

I was originally planning on making this my own private online scrapbook, but decided to make it public for fun and in case anyone else cares to read it.  I’d love to share my adventures with others!  I just have one request: please, be nice!

                                           Til next time, Lovelies

No comments:

Post a Comment